As part of our continued investment in our data platforms and data management, Hanson Wade Group is looking to recruit a Data Strategy Director into our existing technology team.
Hanson Wade Group is a fast-growing business information company creating niche information products to service the Life Sciences, HR, and Construction industries. We accelerate the performance of businesses across the world through industry-leading conferences and digital products. Internally, we are a tech-enabled business that leverages systems and solutions to augment the capabilities of our company.
About the role:
Sitting within the technology team and reporting to the Group Director of Technology, the Data Strategy Director
will be responsible for leading the business’ data strategy, covering the engineering, insight, management, quality, and governance around our data. The objective being to ensure the successful exploitation of our data assets, aligning this to the strategic and operational goals of the company. The role will be responsible for enhancing and maximising our existing capabilities alongside exploring how data science techniques such as AI and machine learning can be leveraged to increase productivity, efficiency and explore the creation of new commercial product.
- Work with stakeholders across the business to develop and then implement the company's data strategy.
- Line management of the existing data engineering, business insight, and data management functions, exploration into the creation of a data science function.
- Overall responsibility for our data architecture, built using the Azure platform technologies and Databricks.
- Identification of resource requirements, recruitment and then management and development of the overall data team.
- Responsibility for setting direction and ensuring delivery through our Data Management Office (DMO).
- Management of related budget lines to ensure our systems are right sized with efficient use of resources.
- Oversee the data lifecycle, from collection, storage, integration, and quality through to reporting and visualisation.
- Identification of opportunities for the use of AI and Machine Learning across our data to improve productivity and build efficiency in our processes.
- Foster a data-driven culture and promote data literacy across the organisation.
- Ensure data security and privacy are compliant with relevant laws and regulations.
- Lead the development and effective implementation of data policies and associated governance frameworks to ensure delivery of the strategy.
- Maintain awareness of emerging industry trends and innovations to help shape the future direction of the data team.
- At least five years’ experience managing and leading a data engineering, business insight or data management function.
- Experience developing a business-driven data strategy, delivering a data architecture and corresponding resources and processes to leverage the maximum value from data assets.
- Strong understanding of data science techniques including AI, data mining, machine learning, and statistical analysis
- Proven background of prospect data enrichment and enhancement
- In depth knowledge of Azure data platforms, Databricks and visualisation tools (Power BI).
- Experience leading a team of data technology professionals in the build and maintenance of an Azure data platform.
- Agile software development lifecycle knowledge including experience of working with in-house and 3rd party development teams.
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity in a highly complex, diverse, changing environment.
- Evidence of ability to build and manage effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent people and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly and concisely document plans and deliverables.
- Proven ability as a self-starter to drive continuous improvement with a focus on results.
- Able to use technical knowledge and experience, incorporating functional skills and broad-based business knowledge, to meet and exceed job requirements and stakeholder expectations.
Why Choose Us?
- Annual perfomance based bonus
- We offer well-being bonuses such as a personal learning budget, yoga in the office, employee assistance programme and well-being champions
- Private health and life insurance
- Hybrid working arrangement
- A range of different social clubs such as, book club, five-a-side, netball and more…
- 1 extra day of annual leave each year, up to 30 days of annual leave (not including public holidays)
- Access to our Wader Hub benefits platform which include, retail, gym, hospitality, and wellness discounts
- Volunteer day (we offer all our employees the chance to take a day on us to get out there and do some good!)
- Monthly awards and social events (we’re talking sports days, karaoke nights, theatre trips, cooking courses, you name it!)
- Sabbatical options after 2 and 5 years
- Opportunities for professional education sponsorship