Love science but would like to have a more commercially driven career in a dynamic, fast paced company?
Join our high-performing conference production team where you will create innovative events for the science community. We're looking for ambitious graduates with a natural passion for research and a thirst for business.
You’ll need an intellectual curiosity to get to grips with complex challenges that come with conference production and be happy working to very tight deadlines. This role offers the opportunity to accelerate your career rapidly, travel internationally and gain a broad understanding of business issues within the science industry.
Each year we bring on multiple cohorts of graduates throughout the business. We’re looking to hire future leaders keen to upskill; so, provide one on one mentoring, team training and a ‘graduate academy’ to provide as much support as possible for those transitioning from study to full-time work.
More about the role
We have a very exciting opportunity for a Life Science Conference Producer role in some of our established portfolios, and you’ll have the responsibility to curate the content for this community – which will ultimately help advance pre-clinical drug discovery to market.
During your production cycle you will be contacting senior level executives by phone to research the content of your conference which will address the science industry’s’ most critical business challenges. You’ll use your research to write the agenda and secure the speakers. Once your event is launched into the market you will take on more of a project management role, influencing the commercial outcomes of the marketing and sales campaigns, managing the profitability of each event, acting as the subject matter expert for your project team, and leading team meetings. As a producer it will be your responsibility to ensure the smooth running of the events.
With overall responsibility for the successful delivery of each event, you’ll need to be an engaging and persuasive communicator and a natural relationship builder. You’ll be comfortable accepting responsibility and leading a team to achieve demanding goals.
By joining our dynamic team of conference producers, you will develop your commercial and business research skills in a fast-paced and supportive corporate environment. Our highly skilled trainers will continue to coach, mentor, train and develop your business talent to ensure you’re progressing in your career as fast as possible.
- A life science degree from a leading university (2:1 or 1st)
- High academic achievements including A or A* at A’ level
- A natural passion for business research and translate this into a premium, content-rich agenda for the pharmaceutical/ biotech industry
- Comfortable with high levels of phone activity speaking to business leaders
- Comfortable with building cross-functional relationships and motivating team members through campaigns
Due to the majority of the events being in the USA, travel will be required for most of our events. Please confirm you are eligible to travel to the United States (this can be impacted by any countries you hold citizenship for, recent travel and vaccination status) before applying for this role.
Why Choose Us?
- We offer well-being bonuses such as a personal learning budget, yoga in the office, employee assistance programme and well-being champions
- Private health and life insurance
- Hybrid working arrangement – you choose where you would like to work
- A range of different social clubs such as, book club, five-a-side, netball and more…
- 1 extra day of annual leave each year, up to 30 days of annual leave (not including public holidays)
- Access to our Wader Hub benefits platform which include, retail, gym, hospitality, and wellness discounts
- Volunteer day (we offer all our employees the chance to take a day on us to get out there and do some good!)
- Monthly awards and social events (we’re talking sports days, karaoke nights, theatre trips, cooking courses, you name it!)
- Sabbatical options after 2 and 5 years
- Opportunities for professional education sponsorship
£26,000 Base salary (OTE £30,000 - £35,000)
Start date: We have multiple opportunities for a July 2024 intake.